Thursday, September 23, 2010

New Uses for Ordinary Things-Take 4

So I thought I would continue my series...new uses for ordinary things.  This idea popped into my head today while playing with Finley.  She actually inspired it.  She has a very vivid imagination.  Plus, she loves making me look like a fool. :)  But I just couldn't resist blogging about it today.  You know I realize these ideas are not rocket science...but I get excited when I can find some very "cheap" entertainment.  Ok...so here is our new use for an ordinary thing.  Well..actually this "ordinary" thing has a few different uses.  And I bet you could come up with a few of your own if you haven't already! 

Here it is....

A CANVAS BOX! 



Super exciting, right?  I am sure we all have this type of thing somewhere in our houses.  We at the Snavely house, have a lot of these.  They are great for the person who does not live inside an "organized mind".  HA!  This is my idea of organization.  Stick anything and everything in these canvas boxes.  Put it on a bookshelf and call it done.  But did you know that these canvas boxes can serve other purposes as well?  Purposes to fully entertain your 3 year old and 11 month old?

So our new use for this ordinary canvas box?

drumroll please.....


Please forgive this photo.  It was taken by a 3 year old....
Slap two paper eyes on it and you are automatically a robot!  Endless laughter for a 3 year old.  But in order for this to fully work you have to talk like this:  "FIIINNNNLEY....takke. me. to. your. leeaader." And movements must be very exaggerated and sharp.  I'm telling you what...getting the type of laughter I got from this 3 year old, was worth every bit of looking like an ever loving fool....

And she even got to try it out....



umm..disclaimer...putting a canvas box on a toddler's head is in no way shape or form like putting a plastic bag on one's head.  No robot was harmed during this entertainment segment...Thank you.....


Ok..another use for a canvas box?  Well this one came out of the mind of little Finley.  She thought of this one all by herself!  She LOVES to play salon.  And why wouldn't a canvas box serve the purpose of a salon dryer!!!!

A SALON DRYER!!!!


And if that isn't enought fun ideas for this box...with a baby it's endless amounts of fun...look here....You can....

Get IN AND OUT of it!


Or You can play Peek a Boo in it!!!


And best yet...what Harper loved about the ordinary canvas box???  This ordinary thing also becomes.....

A DEATH RIDE!!!!!



Actually Harper LOVED riding in it. 
And no baby was harmed during this ride....
 Now...what can you use your canvas box for???

2 comments:

  1. my kids do the same thing with sammie as Finley is doing with Harper, only unfortunately they have dumped her too many times and bumped her head!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally going to do this with the kids tomorrow - the death ride part will be awesome!

    By the way - best grocery trip ever today for Gabi. She uses Daddy's old iPhone to play games and I have no clue why on earth I didn't bring it in the store before now. I avoid grocery shopping with them like the plague, but had no choice today. Drew on the other hand...that kid's attention span is about two seconds long so he spent the entire time attempting to knock everything off the shelves. At least he wasn't crying :)

    Keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete