Thursday, September 1, 2011

Randomness...my free association about my Finley...

I am reading a book right now that when I read the words, it is like the author was inside my mind.  Going through my journey with me.  Reeling over fear and pain of the brokenness of this life right with me.  This book is so so so good.  I know God has placed it in my lap for a specific purpose.  Maybe many of you have read it already, but if not...please read it.  I am not all the way through it yet...but I have a feeling this book could change my perspective on...well...life.  Here is the book:


books.jpg


So thankful that God gives us little gifts like this to teach us, mold us, and encourage us that we are not alone in our journey.

Can I just say that I am so so thankful for my three little blessings?  They make my job as a mom so much fun.  For instance, they always make me laugh.  Take Finley.  Finley is my free spirit.  She is my 70's flower child.  She is a leader---she will not be a conformist in this world.  She is going to take this world by storm.  You know I am not saying that just because I am her mom--even the neighbors say it.  Even the YMCA child care workers are telling me this.  My neighbor's husband was asking my neighbor if Finley was going to school.  She told him she was going to preschool.  He then replied, "Watch out preschool world--Finley will soon be directing the teachers."  HA!  So true.  Then the other day at preschool, the childcare worker came up to me when I went to pick Finley up and said, "Finley definitely won't conform or give in to peer pressure will she?  You won't have to worry about her."  HA....that's why I love that girl so much.

The other day I was explaining to Finley all about the 10 Commandments.  She was really taking all of it in--listening to my every word.  The movement in her eyes telling me she was processing all that I was saying.  As I was explaining the commandment of "Do not lie", she processed it a little more in her head and very matter of fact said, "Mom, you better really explain THAT one to Reese."  HAHAHAHA!  Gotta love sibling rivalry.

Yesterday was preschool orientation for Finley.  She is so excited to be a big girl now and go to "school".  She was thriving as we sat there listening about the upcoming school year.  Thriving as she saw her name on mailboxes and walls.  She is so so excited.  As sad as I am that she is big enough for preschool, I am so excited for her.  She is so ready.  Ready for friends, ready to learn, and ready to take on the world.  I sure do love this girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment