Friday, September 17, 2010

New Uses for Ordinary Things-Take 3...

Here at this household, we strive to become creative. We strive to be creative so we can survive. Surviving means a variety of things to us. To my husband, surviving means obtaining the latest bit of technology...( honey bunches...do we REALLY need to get a PS3. Yes, Yes, I understand that you feel your call of duty is to play Call of Duty..but really?) ,. For me, surviving means going through a day without getting poop on my hands.


So for today's New Uses for Ordinary things, I am combining a little a both--technology and my sanity....

Ok here it is....an Ordinary thing:


An I-POD


In this day in age, I would assume most of use have and use an ipod or an mp3 player on a weekly basis. This little bit of technology has made life a-bun-detly easier on getting my own "bun" in shape on the treadmill. But did you know it could be used for this??


Drumroll Please......

A New use for an ordinary thing---take 3....




An I -(don't hear any whining or asking for junk) Pod




Let me tell you folks...this little bit of technology has served it glorious purpose within the confines of the grocery store (aka-hell on earth with little ones...)


Here is how you use it...

-Get a pair of headsets that look like they were invented in 1981.

-Insert headsets in I-(don't hear any whining) Pod.

-Place gently on 3 year olds year.

-Turn on "Jesus" music.

-Crank the I - (don't hear any whining) Pod's volume halfway. This way it is really funny to hear the 3 year old when she does try to tell you something. It is very loud. HA!

-Place 3 year old in basket of the cart. (Warning--do not let them walk with I- (don't hear in whining) Pod. THEY.DO.NOT.WATCH.WHERE.THEY.ARE.GOING. Bad idea near a display of goldfish...need I say more?)

-Happily stroll through the grocery store without hear phrases like- "Mommy can we get this!" "Mommy, I am really hungry for this!" "I WANT THIS RIGHT NOW" "I'm bored..." "Are we done yet?"

-When going through the check out lane, carefully remove headsets from 3 year old's ear. We wouldn't want the checkout lady to "label" us a careless mom for letting our 3 year old listen to loud music.

-Leave grocery store without sweat stains under your armpits and with more hair in tact (on your head that is!)


See now don't you want to try this?

See even both children were dancing and singing a long....


An all around Happy experience

Now why don't you use your I - (don't hear any whining) Pod. I promise...you'll never look at the grocery store the same again.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word...you are a genius!!! Savannah so needs to wear my ipod next time we go grocery shopping

    Thanks!! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT idea!!! :) You are so smart!!! We will SOOO be trying this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You are so creative and smart! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oohh, good idea, I'm going to have to try that!!

    ReplyDelete